Before your treatment:
- Remove any eye makeup
- Remove contacts and bring your eyeglasses to wear home
After your treatment:
- Use the warming iMask for 5-10 minutes a day for several days
- Do not use any eye lid cleansing products until after your 2 week follow up appointment (but it’s okay to use your eye makeup remover nightly)
- If your eyes are comfortable, you can wear makeup and your contact lenses the next day
A New Approach to Dry Eye
Dry eye isn’t always about needing more tears. Often, it’s about the right kind of tears.
You tear film is made of layers of mucus, water, and oil, and all of those layers have to be working properly to keep your eye comfortable and your vision clear.
Do you experience:
- Sandy or gritty eyes
- Watery eyes
- Crusting, especially in the morning
- Little or no relief from artificial tears
- Blurry, variable vision
- Red, itchy eyes or eyelids
- Tired, sore eyes
The Science Behind iSpa
Blepharitis is a chronic inflammation of the eyelids, caused by an overgrowth of normal bacteria living along the lid and the base of the eyelashes. The glands that make the oil for your tears are located in this area of your eyelids, and become clogged and eventually damaged by the biofilm created by these bacteria. The result, in addition to red, irritated, crusty eyelids, is a poor, smeary tear film that evaporates too quickly and can blur your vision and cause the symptoms of dry eye.
Our iSpa treatment is an in office procedure using the BlephEx system that deep cleans your eyelids and lashes, removing the biofilm, bacteria, and debris, followed by a 10 minute heat therapy. This improves the overall health of your eyelids and allows your tear film to repair itself, giving you better feeling and better seeing eyes!